BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 8, 2010

Last week of term

This week is the last week of term 1. I believe everyone is looking forward to the coming holiday. But I do not think I will like the holiday to arrive so soon. I will have literature test which is hell for me in the first day of term 2.
Normally our school will have a special event for we students to choose to attend. The only bad thing is that one must attend this event, those who have bad records in their report book and are given demerit points need not to go for it. Going for the event is not just for fun, people like me choose it with full of 'awareness' because ACE points for certain subjects will be given. These points are very important for us, it affects greatly on our progress report. So I will also think twice before jotting down my decision.
These special events are called sabbaticals, they are actually held mostly at the last week of the term. Some attend sabbaticals for fun, but some attend it for the sake of getting their most 'beloved' ACE points. The sabbaticals that I have joint is Science Eureka. It is not my first choice after all, there are many other options chosen by me but I failed to get into it. These sabbaticals course requires one to bid their bidding points on the courses they have the most interest in. These bidding points are given every year, extra points will be given for students who have good grades, which I don't have.This Science Eureka is quite free, I get to talk more often in class and it is an air-conditioned room. Besides, the ones who present the lecture aren't teachers, but sec 4 students. They are trained by the teachers to be our 'trainers'.
There are a lot of experiments for us to do during the course. Some are very fun while the others I think is just a waste of time. Today's module is physics, so we had physics experiment, which is playing with the balloon, creating an electric circuit. There are some students who are from the other schools in Singapore, there are four girls and a boy. We wanted the boy as we know that girls will definitely not be doing anything. The boy is very useful for us, besides he is a cheerful guy. He knows how to do almost everything thought as he is one year elder than us.
There are also competitions between us. We are divided into five groups, which will compete each teams in doing the experiment as fast and as efficient as possible. Our team got a top position before, so we received a packet of chocolates given by a teacher.
I think this sabbatical is though useful for us, but sometimes it is a waste of time. I hope that Science Eureka will improve and become more interesting next time.

0 comments: